Sunday, April 27, 2014

Earth Gathering 2014

-Posted by Isaac

After an exhausting week moving bees into the apple orchards (which you'll be sure to hear about soon), I had the pleasure of returning to the hills of beautiful Chillicothe.


The Earth Gathering festival has been an annual thing for some 15 years. It's a cool little art / music fest in Yoctangee park with an Earth Day, environmental awareness theme.

The folks here really love their honey. We've been making an annual pilgrimage for seven or eight years now. Short sleeves, blooming trees, smiles and music...
What a way to kick off the spring.


Great original music from local artists. (Jayne and I even had a gig one year!)

And the best gyros anywhere. I'm not exaggerating. Ali Babas serve up the tastiest I've ever had... of course I'm usually half starved by the time I get my hands on one.

This year, a heightened sense of localism was evident everywhere I turned.
This nice customer found her Chillicothe handbag in town at Totem Supply.

And artist Kelly Zalenski from Columbus set up set up next to me.
Kelly provided some entertaining conversation throughout the day.

Of course Jayne's Ohio candles sold well right along with the Ohio honey.

Yes, there was something "Ohio" for everyone...

It's hard not to love this festival. Perfect spot, perfect time of year.
Chillicothe is the gateway to the wild and wooly wilderness of southern Ohio. You could easily make a weekend of it. So if you haven't been, make a note on the calendar and come next year! Especially if you're a runner / biker / hiker / camper. Fun, fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment